Dear music students and musicians
Every year the DAVOS FESTIVAL Academy invites 20 young musicians to take an active part in the DAVOS FESTIVAL – young artists in concert to further their professional, individual advanced training. We are happy to announce this year’s Academy which will take place 7–20 August 2023 in Davos, Switzerland. The application deadline is 15 March 2023.
Under the tuition of renowned conductor and multiple prize winner Holly Choe selected participants spend two weeks in daily rehearsals, workshops and visits to concerts, perfecting their art under the guidance of tutors and the Festival’s advanced Young Artists.
Please share this information with fellow musicians, your students and others who might be interested and whom this is relevant to. Many thanks for spreading the word!
Open Academy positions in 2023:
- 10 violins
- 4 violas
- 4 cellos
- 2 double basses
Requirements for all applicants:
- in active musical training at a university or college, or graduated no more than two years ago (i.e., in summer 2021)
- good command of English
- as a rule, no more than 30 years of age
- participation in the DAVOS FESTIVAL Academy no more than twice before
- Benjamin Britten (1913–1976): Les Illuminations, op. 18
- Dmitri Shostakovich (1906–1975): Chamber symphony, op. 110a
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840–1893): String sextet in D minor, Souvenir de Florence, op. 70 (arr. for string orchestra)
All info on programme, scholarship and conditions as well as the application form can be found at muvac.com/davos-festival.
Students and other interested audience shall not hesitate to get in touch for further information. We are happy to answer your questions and help with the application process.
Kind regards from Davos