The Camerata Strumentale Città di Prato and the Florence Philharmonic Orchestra – la Filharmonie are announcing the 2nd edition of the international competition for symphonic composition Dante 700 – “La dolce sinfonia di paradiso”. The submitted scores shall draw inspiration from the Canto XI of Paradise (Divine Comedy, Canticle III) with particular focus on the figure of Saint Francis of Assisi and specific reference to verses 28-120 addressing the themes of Peace and Poverty. A source of inspiration shall also be Saint Francis’ own Canticle of the Creatures.
The competition is open to composers of any nationality, with no age limit, who are required to compose a symphonic piece (optionally with solo voice and/or live electronics) of maximum 15 minutes duration. A prestigious international jury composed by:
- Anders Hillborg (President) Composer
- Silvia Colasanti – Composer
- Mauro Montalbetti – Composer, Artistic Director of Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte di Montepulciano
- Andrea Rebaudengo – Pianist, member of Sentieri Selvaggi ensemble
- Reza Vali – Composer
- Alberto Batisti – Artistic Director of Camerata Strumentale Città di Prato
- Paolo Cognetti – Composer, Pianist, Special Projects responsible for La Filharmonie
will oversee the entire process. Three scores will be selected for the final stage and will be evaluated by the jury at a public performance, after which the winner will be declared. The three finalists’ compositions will subsequently be performed and recorded during the future symphonic seasons of Camerata Strumentale Città di Prato and la Filharmonie, and broadcast by Rete Toscana Classica and RAI.
- : 17th July 2023, 00.00AM GMT+1
- : 100 euros
- : 1st prize 5000€ | 2nd prize 3000€ | 3rd prize 2000€
- Publication of the score within the series Stilnovo by Edizioni Musicali Curci in Milan and promoted by CIDIM: Italian National Music Committee.
- Live performance, audio-video recording and International broadcast of the finalist compositions
- Art residency for the finalist composers
- travel costs reimbursed
- trailer: Presentation of the II Edition of the International Competition of Symphonic Composition
- : https://www.lafilharmonie.com/en/dante-700/
- : Ms. Elisa Furiosi: email@example.com